Moving with your pets to a new location can be a bit complicated. You know that the possibility that your pet is going to adjust will be a bit slim. The pet will become a bit agitated and stressed out. This is something that you would like to avoid at this point in time.
Even if you try to talk to your pet about the move, you need to remember that it is not your pet’s choice to be on the way to a new location. The best thing that you can do for your pet is to at least be patient. It might have a hard time adjusting especially if it got really stressed out during the move.
Always Prepare for the Move Ahead of Time
This is one of the best things that you can do when you are planning to move. You have to make sure that everything is planned out accordingly. Some of the things that you can do are the following:
- Find the right moving company that will be helping you out with the move.
- You also have to keep yourself calm because there are bound to be things that will not go according to how you have planned them to be.
- Packing will take time. Make sure that you will make an effort to pack and label everything. This way, you will be able to find the things that you are searching for easily.
You need to let your pet know that you are trying your best to keep things stable and under control. By showing that you are calm, you can also let your pet start to feel less stressed.
Start Introducing the Kennel
Let us say that you are going to transport the pet with the use of the kennel. Start showing your pet that there is nothing to worry about. You can also make a few changes to make the kennel more comfortable for your pet. You can do the following:
- Allow your pet to sleep in the kennel days before you would actually transport your pet.
- You can add some items inside the kennel that will make it more comfortable.
- Adding some pets can be ideal too especially if you are going to transport a playful pet.
One thing that you should remember is to allow the pet to stay in the kennel while you are also present. This can help the pet stay calm.
The Actual Moving Day
It is best that you would keep your pet out of the way on the actual day of the move. The flurry of activity that is available can be very stressful for your pet. Some would transport their pet ahead of time with the help of a pet transport service but this can also be a bit stressful for some pets. One tip is to place their pet at the veterinarian for a checkup for at least a few hours while the different activities are going on. Just imagine looking at things from your pet’s perspective. There may be a lot of voices that are not familiar to them. It can make them feel a bit more stressed than usual.