Choosing the perfect pet for your family should not be a task that can be decided upon within an hour. Even though it simplifies the process when all you must do is look through ads and grab an animal that looks like a good fit. This is a terrific way to get a family pet that has social or health problems.
People will argue that a mixed breed animal is better because it is the combination of breeds that allows the owner to have the best of them all. When luck is on your side, this may be the case. Most of the time, though, mixed breeds will never have all the good wrapped up into one animal. They will get bad traits of each breed as well, which will lead to unexpected issues for you in the future.
On the other hand, when you choose to go with a purebred pet, you will know exactly what you are getting. According to PetMD, you will have a timeline of health issues that you can prepare for, and you will know the size and shape that the pet will grow into. The lineage of a purebred animal will be accurately tracked and only the healthiest, most well behaved, will be chosen to continue the bloodline.
There are five basic reasons why you should always choose a purebred animal compared to a mixed breed. That is, of course, unless you want to shake the dice and take a chance on the type of family pet that you get.
- Temperaments-The purebred pet will have been bred to maintain the strict standards that each breed was designed to have. They will be sociable and well behaved with proper training. They will also be gentle, or guarding, depending upon the type that you chose to get. When it comes to the temperament of the animal you will not simply have to take the word of the person that you are getting the animal from. You will be able to meet the parents of the animal, and maybe the grandparents as well.
- Guarantee-With a good breeder your pet will be guaranteed against issues that you are not informed of before you take possession. If something should come up and you can no longer take care of the pet, the breeder will automatically take the animal back. You will not ever have to go through the hassle of finding the pet a new home.
- Health-A community of purebred breeders will allow you trace the health of the pet back through decades. This will give you a good prediction of the health problems that may arise in the purebred animal. This is one huge benefit that you get when opting to avoid a mixed breed animal.
- Information-When getting a pet through a reputable breeder you will also get a wealth of information. They will know everything about the animal since they have spent years of their lives around them. If you have any questions at all, no matter how dumb that you think they are, the breeder will be happy to answer. And they will have an answer for you that is based off experience and first-hand knowledge.
- Care-You will have the security of knowing that a breeder will have started the early training steps, such as socialization and behavior. The pet will have a good start to life when it comes to food and hygiene.
Choosing a purebred pet can give you peace of mind knowing that you will get the best animal possible. You will know what to expect from the pet, and what the pet will expect from you. A mixed breed animal will never allow you to know what you will get and how they will act. Choosing a family pet that is purebred and comes from a reputable breeder is the best way to ensure a perfect fit.