You might have found a stray kitten that you want to adopt, or you’ve found a gorgeous Persian cat inside a pet shop. If you decide to be its parents, you need to make sure to provide it with the essentials that it needs to survive. You can read more about these kitties in this useful site here.
Like people, felines have a strong need to feel secure and happy. It would be best if you made them comfortable and clean all the time. For many people, taking care of a kitten is similar to that of having a baby. You need to bath, feed, and provide beddings for your kitties. Some even buy toys and other accessories just for their beloved kitties.
Basic Essentials for your Cat
1. Water – A fresh and clean water should be placed in a location that appeals to your kitten.
2. Food and Treats – The menu should have a predictable schedule, and there should be food bowls specific to each of your cats. They can get treats once in a while as long as their vets don’t prohibit these.
3. Kitty Litter Boxes – They should have a litter box that acts as a toilet. This should often be cleaned, and it should be located in a private place.
- One cat per box is the ideal number inside the house.
- Most of the time, kitties prefer litter boxes that are a half-inch deep and one and a half of their bodies’ length.
- Any litter found should be immediately scooped in a day.
4. Comfortable Beddings – The beddings should be warm, soft, and cozy. It should be located in an area where the sounds and smells are familiar to their senses. The overall vibe should provide them with security.
5. Place to Call their Territory – Felines are territorial by nature, so you need to put them in a place where they can assert themselves. For areas that they consider as their territories, except that it will be full of scratches, bite marks, and your kitties’ scent. They need to protect their places with their personal touches, so you may need to get scratching posts if these are available.
What Owning a Cat Means
For many, they want to cuddle and play with their pet the whole day long. Others love the cuteness and the feeling of a soft furball sitting on their laps. Some want to live with a very independent pet that can spend its time mostly asleep or avoiding interaction with humans.
Your pet must interact with you once in a while to establish a secure connection. But note that not all kitties have the same temperaments, and they behave differently from each other. Their personalities may be different, as well as their early interactions with people. But as long as your cat interacts with you when you call them, the relationship remains fine.
Other Tips for Caring your Furball
- Provide companionship
- Make sure that there’s a regular supply of water or they can find clean ones if necessary
- Comfortable beds make agreeable pets
- Get access to outdoors or clean litter boxes
- Allow them regular grooming and clipping
- Do vaccinations with vets from major illnesses
- Provide immediate treatment options for fleas
- Food should be healthy and ideal for the cats
The Level of Care to Provide
Many pets are considered low maintenance, and these include your feline friends. You can know more about them when you visit sites like Katzen Geschnurre, where you can get practical tips and ideal food suggestions for your furry friend. There are sites that provide a lexicon of the things that you need to know so you better check them out. Note that even if your kitty is low maintenance, a level of care should still be maintained to keep them healthy and happy.
Know that your kitties can fit with modern lifestyles if need be. If you are a busy person and you are always in front of your computer, you may find them lounging on your terrace and watching the birds. Most people prefer kitties over puppies because the former have independent lifestyles. You can leave them alone for a few hours, and they are ideal for those who live in apartments.
Most people enjoy the companionship of felines after a hectic day when they want to relax. These pets can be sweet when the mood arises, and they can adapt quickly to people who have stressful jobs.
You may want first to determine the kind of relationship that you are looking for in your feline friend. If you are the type of person who wants to have your kitten near when you are watching tv, then choose one that will not hide under a couch whenever you call its name. Choose the pedigree breeds that are interactive and perfectly fine with the individual company rather than stressing yourself with one that is always nervous and fearful.
Different Settings in Households
Many cats will feel more relaxed when they live with an old lady that doesn’t have frequent visitors. These animals prefer a quieter lifestyle since they are prone to sleeping and lounging around. On the other hand, some breeds thrive with children in a home that has bustling visitors. The different interactions may mean differently to varying felines, so you may want to know its reaction first to strangers before adopting.
There are times when you have too much work and don’t have time to groom your pet. If this is the case, avoid Persians or a breed with long fur. You can know more info about Persians on this site here: https://www.britannica.com/animal/longhair.
The semi-longhaired ones that don’t have coats similar to that of Persians may be ideal for you. On the other hand, if you are a person who wants to have a tidy house, you do not want to have lots of pet hair anywhere, so choose a breed that will not give you this problem.
Short-haired ones may be the best option for you as most cats are fanatic with their coats. They clean their furs every minute and make efforts to keep the coat in immaculate condition. You can do a bit of research before adopting a kitty or buying one from your local pet shop to make sure that you care for them the right way.