Carbs cannot be subtracted from cat’s food, but it can be controlled with low carb foods that are available in the store. Controlling the carbohydrate intake of cats will save them from so many health conditions like diabetes and obesity.
Here is the list of some good low carb cat food you should buy for your cat; they are in different categories.
Low Carb Dry Cat Food
1. BLUE Buffalo Wilderness Dry Cat Food
If what you need is low carb dry cat food, BLUE Buffalo is the right choice for your cat. It is a chicken recipe, packaged with grain-free, protein, and low carb. It is processed in low heat to retain the potency of its ingredients.
Asides from this, it consists of minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants that are useful to the immune system and strength of your feline.
- All cats love it including picky eaters
- It’s made from whole ingredients
- It reduces shedding of fur, makes it shine and soft.
- It will increase the weight of your cat if you don’t monitor its intake.
2. Crave Dry Cat Food
Almost all cats love dry carb food; your feline friend will love it too. Crave is rich in high protein and low in carb quantity. It is processed to look like their ancestor’s diet, to make them love it, and feed well with low carb. Likewise, it is a meat diet produced in high-quality and zero grains that’s like wheat, soy, and corn.
- Its produced for cats that are sensitive to foods
- It will make your cat’s coats get thicker, shiny, and healthier.
- It improves the overall health of the cat.
- It’s slightly expensive compared to other cat foods.
3. Tiki Cat Born Carnivore Dry Cat Food.
This cat food is processed with quality chicken that contains a protein that makes it proper for cats of all ages and lifestyles. It comes with other ingredients as well as low carb.
Other ingredients include chickpeas, whole peas, salmon oil, whole flaxseed, and pumpkin. This is precisely what you need to maintain the health of your kitten and cat.
- Contains about 50% protein
- It’s well packaged to preserve the food for a long time
- Makes your cat agile.
- Helps to control the cat’s weight and reduces diabetes level
- your cat may dislike it at first because of its taste and aroma.
Low Carb Wet Cat Food
Check out these wet cat foods that are low in carb, if you prefer wet;
4. Nutro Perfect Portions Wet Cat Food
Nutro perfect portions provide you with low carb food for your cat, but it has more than that to offer your cat. The carbohydrate content in it is less than 12%, while it has a very high proportion of protein.
- Easy to open with the pull-off tabs
- All cat’s love it
- Keeps cats hydrated all through the day since its high in moisture.
- It’s a little pricy
5. Tiki Cat Aloha Friends Wet Cat Food
Tiki also has less than 12% carbohydrate but quite high in protein. It’s an impressively high quality, nutrient-filled, and delicious food you can get to treat your feline friend. It is made with seafood, which your fish lover cat will always love to taste. Other ingredients in it are pumpkin, which makes digestion fast and easy since it’s a source of fiber.
- They are processed with high-quality ingredients.
- It’s good to control the weight of your cat.
- It reduces blood sugar and aids digestion effectively.
- It’s expensive than typical cat food.
What’s the Right Carbohydrate Quantity for Cats?
When it comes to cats and carbohydrates, this is a question you will want to get an answer for. After all, giving your cat low carb food is not enough. Unfortunately, many people think carb should be exempted from their meals since they love meat and fish. Some people assume that giving them carb will be toxic to their entire health.
Presently, there is no conclusion on the quantity of carb that should be given to cats. But it is alright to say that a very low concentration of carb is good, with a high protein ratio. Note that a small number of carbohydrates, no matter how small, will give your cat energy to be active and agile.
Why your cat need foods with high protein and low carb
- It is known to be a biological necessity for cats.
- It reduces diabetes in cats.
- It controls the cat’s weight, even the one that has weight issues will achieve proper weight with it.
Wet Vs. Dry Low Carb Cat Food
If you are like some other cat owners that don’t know which is better between these two forms of foods, here you go;
There is not much difference between these two except that;
The dry form of low carb cat food retains its form and shape because of the binding functionality of carbohydrates. The starch that exists in carbs is what binds the food together and prevents crumbling in it.
Wet low carb cat food, on the other hand, is processed with minimum carbs. Meanwhile, the moisture present in this form of food is also beneficial to the cats.
The Dry Cat Food with The Lowest Carbs?
Grain-free canned foods are usually low in carbohydrates. Well, carbs should be very low in cats’ food. If your cat hates canned food, then, the grain-free dry foods can substitute for this.
What Is the Level of Carbs in The Dry Cat Food?
The regular dry food consists of 35%-50% of carbohydrate calories. Some of the low-processed dry foods comprise higher levels of carb. That’s a bad diet that mother nature doesn’t intend for your feline to eat.
Besides, many canned foods consist of less than 10% carbohydrates, which is very good for your cat.
The Canned Cat Meal with The Highest Protein?
Tiki Cat Puka Puka Luau is known to be grain-free canned food that is high in protein and uses shredded chicken as the first ingredient. It’s good for improving the weight of your underweight cat and help it build its muscles. But this food does not include carbohydrates, grains, flours, starches, and gluten, that could disturb a sensitive belly.
Do not endanger your cats again with a lack or excess carbohydrates. Follow this guide and feed your feline friend with quality and right low carb cat food. This will also help you save its life from obesity, diabetes, and other deficiencies.